On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the The NUMA Files series.
- #3: Fire Ice (The NUMA Files #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: White Death (The NUMA Files #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Lost City (The NUMA Files #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Polar Shift (The NUMA Files #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Navigator (The NUMA Files #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Medusa (The NUMA Files #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Devil's Gate (The NUMA Files #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Storm (The NUMA Files #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Zero Hour (The NUMA Files #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Ghost Ship (The NUMA Files #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: The Pharaoh's Secret (The NUMA Files #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Nighthawk (The NUMA Files #14) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: The Rising Sea (The NUMA Files #15) (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Sea of Greed (The NUMA Files #16) (Paperback): $9.99
- #17: Journey of the Pharaohs (The NUMA Files #17) (Paperback): $9.99
Kurt Austin races to Antarctica to stop a chilling plot that imperils the entire planet in the latest novel from the #1 New York Times-bestselling Grand Master of Adventure.
In the early days of World War II, the infamous German Luftwaffe embark upon an expedition to Antarctica, hoping to set up a military base to support their goal of world domination. Though the military outpost never comes to fruition, what the Nazis find on the icy continent indeed proves dangerous...and will have implications far into the future.
In the present day, Kurt Austin and his assistant Joe Zavala embark for the freezing edge of the world after a former NUMA colleague disappears in Antarctica. While there, they discover a photo of the Luftwaffe expedition of 1939, and are drawn into a decades-old conspiracy. Even as they confront perilous waters and frigid temperatures, they are also are up against a terrifying man-made weapon--a fast-growing ice that could usher in a new Ice Age.
Pitted against a determined madman and a monstrous storm, Kurt and the NUMA team must unravel the Nazi-era plot in order to save the globe from a freeze that would bury it once and for all.
About the Author
Clive Cussler was the author of more than seventy books in five bestselling series, including Dirk Pitt, NUMA Files, Oregon Files, Isaac Bell, and Sam and Remi Fargo. His life nearly paralleled that of his hero Dirk Pitt. Whether searching for lost aircraft or leading expeditions to find famous shipwrecks, he and his NUMA crew of volunteers discovered and surveyed more than seventy-five lost ships of historic significance, including the long-lost Confederate submarine Hunley, which was raised in 2000 with much publicity. Like Pitt, Cussler collected classic automobiles. His collection featured more than one hundred examples of custom coachwork. Cussler passed away in February 2020.
Graham Brown is the author of Black Rain and Black Sun, and the coauthor with Cussler of Devil's Gate, The Storm, Zero Hour, Ghost Ship, The Pharaoh's Secret, Nighthawk, The Rising Sea, and Sea of Greed. He is a pilot and an attorney.
“Gripping… This is another classic Cussler action thriller.”--Publishers Weekly
“The pace never slows, and the villains are extra nasty in this entry that delivers what readers expect when they see Cussler's name on the cover. Cussler, who died in 2020, and frequent cowriter Brown convey marine biology's complexities in a way that makes it believable and understandable. Grab a comfy chair and plan to read all night.”--Library Journal
“The adrenaline junkie reader will love this and all Cussler’s books.”--Mystery and Scene